Wednesday, July 4, 2012

I like music more than you

Big Jet Plane by Angus and Julia Stone


I have recently really gotten into this music artist, they produce some really quality music. :)
So far, I present you with a list of my top summer songs:
Angus and Julia Stone~Big Jet Plane, Paper Aeroplane, Mango Tree, And The Boys
(Mellow, folk/acoustic, genius lyrics)
First Aid Kit~Blue, Hard Believer
(Indie/folk)
Best Coast~The Only Place, Up All Night, How They Want Me To Be
(Indie rock, surf pop)
Dale Earnhardt Jr. Jr.~Simple Girl
(Indie pop)
Summer Camp~Better Off Without You,  Losing My Mind
(Indie 80's synth-pop)

Check them out.

I recently read this article about how music changes our brain in 5 different ways. The first way is that it changes our ability to perceive time. I think that's pretty self-explanatory, obviously we listen to music to pass time when we aren't interested in, say, I don't know, what our parents have to say sometimes. The second is how it can be associated with fear, like how horror movies make us jump right out of our seat. Imagine scary movies with pleasant harmonic music, now that would no longer be the same. Music makes us physically stronger, well duh...exercising would suck without music. We would probably be working out to our whine-y thoughts if we didn't have any music. Another, apparently, it affects how much we drink and what we drink.  Classical music goes with expensive wine, and with other different music, it affects the way people describe their drinks. Good thing I have my Asian flush to warn me. And lastly, music makes us better communicators. Those who study music can express themselves well and understand/recognize the emotions of other people better. I guess this is why musicians are hot...
On a totally different note for us girls, I read on a separate article that music affects the way we put on our makeup...
For a "natural & daytime" look, listen to indie or classical music.
"Bright & Colorful" look=techno/dance.
"Experimental & Avantgarde"=lounge/chill (I don't know what that means either).
"Vintage"=Period(music from different times)
"Dramatic & Club-Worthy"=Pop/Hip Hop
"Bronze & Beachy"=Surf/Ska
I think it left out a few music genres...like what about screamo??? I think that would be just a great look to achieve...
Well, now you know what kind of music to listen to when you want to achieve a specific look haha...or just do whatever the hell you want in silence.





No comments:

Post a Comment